Beaver County School District
Beaver High School Principal - Job Opening
Beaver School District
P.O. Box 31, 290 North Main Street, Beaver, UT 84713
Principal – Beaver High School
Hours: 227 Day Contract, Salary: Competitive
- DEFINITION: Under the general direction of the Superintendent, the Principal will have the overall responsibility for the effective implementation of all district programs within the Beaver High School. As chief administrative officer of the school and supervisor of its instructional program, the Principal shall provide the leadership in creating an environment conducive to skillful, creative teaching and optimum learning.
- The principal must be an innovative leader that creates a culture of risk, change, and critical and creative thinking. She/he must be able to think for themselves, and must be able to open the school community to different ideas.
- Must hold a valid State of Utah Administrative Endorsement or will be able to complete such endorsement within a maximum six-month timetable.
- Must be aware of District and State policies and procedures.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively to express ideas and provide information in concise and understandable verbal and written forms.
- Effectively communicate with tact, discretion, and courtesy in dealings with district administrators, colleagues, staff, and the general public.
- Must have vision and wisdom, inspiring and motivating the building staff and student body towards the accomplishment of the district’s mission.
- Must have a working knowledge, or the ability to gain such knowledge, and will be willing to follow the district’s budgetary policies and procedures.
- Must be an innovative leader that cultivates a culture of critical and creative thinking that takes on challenges.
- Must be technologically knowledgeable with curriculum, hardware, and software.
- Must be familiar with the Utah State Core, Teaching and Leadership Standards.
- Essential Job Functions The Principal shall:
- Provide primary education leadership in the Beaver High School
- Act as chief administrative and financial officer of the Beaver High School and supervisor of the instructional program.
- Provide leadership in creating an environment conducive to skillful creative teaching and optimum learning.
- Report directly to the District Superintendent or designated district level administrator.
- Be responsible for the development and maintenance of:
- Safe, comfortable physical facilities.
- Effective and positive partnerships with families and community members.
- A vision of educational excellence that is scientifically or evidence based, and which supports individual achievement and diversity.
- School Improvement Plan
- Provide proper instruction, supervision, and disciplining of students.
- Provide proper supervision, organization and understanding of all extra-curricular activities.
- Be able to evaluate student achievements and report progress or lack of progress to the Parents, Board of Education and District Administration.
- Keep records of students as required by the district.
- Be an extension of district administration, be responsible for the adherence to and implementation of all applicable district, state, and federal policies and laws.
- Perform timely and effective evaluations of professional and support staff in accordance with the current district evaluation program.
- Handle all complaints affecting his/her school, investigate the same, redress legitimate grievances when possible, and refer to the superintendent or his/her designee concerns which he/she cannot adjust satisfactorily.
- Be responsible for ordering all supplies, textbooks, equipment and all materials necessary for the operation of the school. All financial, budget and purchasing policies will be adhered to in the ordering process.
- Be ultimately responsible for all discipline of students and staff in the Beaver High School. Current district policies, including Orderly Termination, Reduction in Force, Student Conduct, and Safe Schools, are to be consulted and followed.
- Other district assignments are not anticipated and voluntary assignments will not be allowed without district approval.
- Be responsible to follow the district hiring policy when hiring.
Interested candidates will need to submit the following:
- BCSD Application for Employment (.doc) and Background Information Request obtained from the District Office or at our website www.beaver.k12.ut.us
- Letter of intent
- Current resume’
- 3 current letters of recommendation
- Transcript of credits indicating your level of education and copies of certifications
Submit all items to:
Beaver County School District
P.O. Box 31 291 North Main Street
Beaver, UT 84713
Phone: (435) 438-2291
Position Closes at 4:00 p.m. on April 10, 2015
Applications received after 4:00 p.m. April 10, 2015, will not be accepted.
Anticipated interview dates will be between April 13-17
Equal Opportunity Employer
Affirmative Action and ADA
2014-2015 School Calendar
Schools Open on Wednesday, August 20, 2014